We recently created a very special wood Serving Tray which is to be a wedding gift. We were asked if we could work from hand-drawn artwork and carve a Serving Tray featuring the artwork. Our client had an artist prepare a drawing incorporating some elements that were special to this particular couple. The hand-drawn artwork was then mailed to us.
- Image of the drawing which our client provided –
- We then scanned the artwork and imported it into our software. Per our client’s request, the image was stretched slightly to fill the Serving Tray –
- We then carefully traced the image of the drawing line for line. These vectors are necessary in order for our CNC router to carve the image –
- This image is a digital rendering of what was presented to our client for approval –
- Here is the finished piece –
- The carved image was machined 1/32″ deep. The image below reveals the detail which can be achieved –
We had a great laugh with our client when we shared with her what we thought the artwork represented. We were completely wrong. Any guesses?
Jim & Rebecca